S1E9 - Let's Get Comfortable!
An exploration of our eight senses and strategies to help us be comfortable throughout our day
Season 1, Episode 9: Let’s Get Comfortable!
_understanding sensory processing and differences in ourselves and others _
July 8, 2019
Download available here: https://bit.ly/2zi71HK
Keywords: Sensory processing, sensory modulation, adaptations for sensory differences, sensory differences, sensory comfort
Episode summary: This informational session was developed to help provide a greater understanding of sensory processing and sensory differences in ourselves and others. The purpose is to provide guidance and support for sensory needs by providing examples of strategies for all areas of sensory processing to help us feel comfortable at home, work, school, and in the communities in which we live.
- Introduction [00:01]
- Our eight senses [01:34]
- Hyposensitivity [04:50]
- Hypersensitivity [07:54]
- Sensory self awareness [10;11]
- Auditory Sensitivity [12:05]
- Visual Sensitivity [15:24]
- Tactile or Touch Sensitivity [19:08]
- Olfactory Sensitivity or Sensitivity to Smell [23:31]
- Vestibular or Movement Sensitivity [25:50]
- Proprioception or Body Awareness [30:07]
- Oral Motor Sensitivity [34:10]
- Self Application [36:53]
- Sensory Input [37:38]
- Sensory Modulation [38:09]
- Closing [40:29]
Subscribe to our podcast.
Find out more at https://networks-adaptations-for-livin.pinecast.co
This podcast is powered by Pinecast.